Cotehele Garland

Cotehele pronounced Kosheyl is a medial house in the Parish of Calstock on the border of Devon and Cornwall. The house was built by Sir Richard Edgecumbe in 1458 who inherited the Manor House that it replaced after supporting Henry Tudor who after the Battle of Bosworth became Henry VII the first of the Tudor Monarchs.

Each year the fantastic gardeners collect flowers from the gardens and in the winter make a brilliant garland out of them that is hung in the Main Hall which is open to the public.

The photographs are of this years display.

It really is worth a visit.

One thought on “Cotehele Garland

Comments are closed.